- Browse through Bryozoa information and images using the expandable classification in the top right, or click "taxonomy" above the search box and enter a species, genus, family or higher taxa name.
- Bryozoans (often referred to as "sea mats" or "moss animals") are sessile colonial invertebrates that predominantly occur in the marine environment. This site will provide the scientific community and general public with electronic access to information and data on the Bryozoa of the British Isles.
The site is currently under construction. This site is moderated by Mary Spencer Jones on behalf of the contributors who retain copyright. The Natural History Museum retains copyright for all images on the site, unless otherwise stated. Content can be used in accordance with a CC Licence.
- 03/08/2011 Images of Crisia, Cellaria & F. foliacea Courtesy of Jason Armstrong
- 02/08/2011 Images of A. diaphanum, Cellaria, F. foliacea & B. turbinata added. Courtesy of Dave Wood.
- 14/07/2011 Descriptions of British Alcyonidium species added
- 12/07/2011 Omalosecosa ramulosa (Linnaeus, 1767) page added